PRODUCT CATEGORY: JACKETS
GD213 CHORE COAT | Raw 14 Oz Denim - Vivid Indigo
NOTE: This item is made to order. When you order it, we'll make it! It will ship in approximately 2 weeks.
The GD213 chore coat is Glenn's take on this enduring workwear staple. The chore coat originated in France, in the late nineteenth century, intended as a functional layering piece to throw on on top of overalls or a shirt. The roomy fit, oversized patch pockets, and durable fabrics it was made from were all a function of its intended use on the job site, whatever that job might have been. Before long the garment caught on in the USA. Carhartt was one of the early-adopters in America. Whereas in France it was commonly produced in moleskin or cotton drill, Carhartt began producing it in denim, and later, cotton canvas. While there are now endless variations on this iconic staple, the basic template is alive and well today, whether its worn on the job site, or just as an everyday lightweight, rugged layering piece.
Ours features a relaxed fit - plenty of room to move and wear layers underneath, without being baggy or oversized. The length hits below the waist, halfway down the hips. There are 3 exterior patch pockets, and one interior patch pocket at the breast. Button closure on the cuff.
- Relaxed fit. Easy, loose fit that allows for layering and freedom of movement, without being oversized or baggy.
- CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW THIS COMPARES WITH OUR OTHER FITS
- SEE OUR MEASUREMENT CHART TO FIND YOUR SIZE
- SHRINKAGE: THIS JACKET IS RAW (UNWASHED). THE FABRIC IS SANFORIZED, WHICH MEANS THAT IT WILL SHRINK IF WASHED, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS UNSANFORIZED FABRIC. UPON WASHING, IT WILL SHRINK DOWN TO THE SIZE AS MARKED. IF YOU PLAN ON WASHING YOUR JACKET, BUY YOUR NORMAL SIZE. IF YOU PLAN ON LEAVING IT UNWASHED, BY ONE SIZE DOWN.
- 14 OZ (MEDIUM WEIGHT) Non-SELVEDGE DENIM - WOVEN IN THE USA BY ONE OF AMERICA'S LAST DENIM MAKERS.
- COLOR: VIVID INDIGO (INDIGO WARP / NATURAL WEFT).
- WASH: RAW - THIS IS AN UNWASHED DENIM
- CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR AMERICAN-MADE DENIM
- MADE IN NEW YORK CITY
- 3 EXTERIOR PATCH POCKETS
- 1 INTERIOR PATCH POCKET AT WEARER'S RIGHT BREAST
- OUR SIGNATURE "GLENN'S DENIM" BUTTONS & RIVETS IN COPPER
- LOCKER LOOP AT INNER NECKLINE
- STITCHING IN GLENN'S GREEN COLOR
- FEATURES OUR SIGNATURE ARCUATE IN GREEN ON THE BREAST POCKET
- IF YOU PREFER TO PRESERVE THE GARMENT'S ORIGINAL COLOR AND CHARACTER FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, AND ALLOW FOR MORE DRAMATIC NATURAL FADING, WE RECOMMEND WASHING INFREQUENTLY, AND WHEN YOU DO, WE RECOMMEND COLD HAND WASHING AND HANG DRYING. IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE GARMENT TO HAVE A MORE BROKEN-IN, WASHED, AND FADED LOOK, MACHINE WASH AND DRY WITH LIKE COLORS.CLICK HERE FOR MORE WASHING AND CARE ADVICE AND OPTIONS.